We’ve gotten through another week! We’re going to unwind with another chapter of Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes and a lovely cup of hot tea. And what better cup of tea to drink than Ba’s amazing chai?
Roshani Chokshi has graciously provided the recipe and we’re sharing it with you. See below, and check out her Instagram for a video of Rosh and Ba talking tea.
- black tea
- tea masala
To make 2 cups:
- Boil 1 1/4 cup water
- Add 2 teaspoons Wagh Bakri (Ba’s favorite brand of tea… If you don’t have that, dump out 3 packs of English Breakfast tea satchels.)
- Add 3/4 cup of milk, lower heat
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of tea masala (If you can’t find it…grind up peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.)
- Add 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger (If you want it spicier, add more ginger! I, a savage, use half a tablespoon so my mouth feels like a cavern of hell!)
- Bring to a boil
- Add 6 leaves of spearmint/peppermint
- Strain/Add sugar to taste